Merry Christmas from our family to you!
This year has been filled with music: it is such a big part of our lives, that I chose it as the theme for highlighting some "slices" of our year. I had hoped to play these tunes, including some we recorded, on this blog, but alas--my efforts to do so were in vain. Not enough time in the day to figure out all this technology! So I put links to the songs where I could. Still, we hope these melodies lighten your heart and brighten your day!

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I Am Learning How to Spell

Peter has taken Kindergarten by storm. He learned how to write his name in preschool, but ever since he started learning to sound out and put these sounds together, he has not only been excited to read everything he can, but to put his signature on nearly every location he can think of (leather car back seat, bed rail, metal filing cabinet, wall, side table drawer). This has its pros and cons. One of the pros is that he is learning where NOT to write his name.

It's much easier to laugh about it now since he is child #6. I like my friend's idea, that  Peter and Anna should honor Sarah and Nathan (and Julia and Rebecca and Eliza) on Pioneer Day, since they had to pave the way for them in kinder parenting.
Reading and writing isn't the only great part of Kindergarten for Pete: it's also birthdays at school, losing a tooth, and being home part of the day to help out and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment