Merry Christmas from our family to you!
This year has been filled with music: it is such a big part of our lives, that I chose it as the theme for highlighting some "slices" of our year. I had hoped to play these tunes, including some we recorded, on this blog, but alas--my efforts to do so were in vain. Not enough time in the day to figure out all this technology! So I put links to the songs where I could. Still, we hope these melodies lighten your heart and brighten your day!

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

When I am Baptized


I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain
And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.

This song, "When I am baptized," reminds me of how Eliza described her baptism. Eliza looked forward to turning 8 this year so that she could be baptized and confirmed as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She wrote, "I felt energetic and happy. When I came [up] out of the water, I felt really pure inside." Eliza has always been radiant, but she seemed especially so on her special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment