Merry Christmas from our family to you!
This year has been filled with music: it is such a big part of our lives, that I chose it as the theme for highlighting some "slices" of our year. I had hoped to play these tunes, including some we recorded, on this blog, but alas--my efforts to do so were in vain. Not enough time in the day to figure out all this technology! So I put links to the songs where I could. Still, we hope these melodies lighten your heart and brighten your day!

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sunrise, Sunset

Swiftly flow the years
One season following another 
Laden with happiness and tears

I can't believe how swiftly time is flying. So I turned 40 this year: what is the big deal? :) Let's see, I am getting wrinkles, and I had some pre-cancerous spots burned off my face, but even growing my bangs out still left me looking like I might turn 14 this year! What I notice most about the time passing is that I want to cherish the moments with my children more. Sarah, already a sophomore, barely has a couple of years left at home! I love being able to visit with her after school, to play violin and harp together, to help her put a zipper in her skirt, to correct her French pronunciation, to laugh together. I love working side-by-side with her in our home doing whatever, or going shopping together. I love each of those moments of individual time with Nate, Julia, Rebecca, Eliza, Peter, and Anna--when I get to tap into their minds and hearts and really savor their personalities. And time all together is wonderful, too. Swimming, biking, or doing jigsaw puzzles on our summer vacation, or listening to Huck Finn in the long hours in the car, celebrating birthdays--it's all good. I love the funny things they say . I love watching funny youtube videos together. I love cheering for children at their events. I love reading books to the younger children on the couch, or holding hands with a child before she falls asleep, or hearing Peter sound out words in his first books. I laughed at trying to get the carrot to stay in the snowman's head as Anna and I played in the snow together. I love getting their hugs and "I love you's" everyday. There is so MUCH to enjoy! With children so close, life is laden with happiness.

(Here's what happens when you write about yourself last: you get posted first! Oh well!)

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea, Liz! I love your family picture at the top. And I especially enjoyed the posts about Nate, Eliza, and Sarah. Hope you guys have a peaceful Christmas season. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great updated post! I love this idea for a Christmas card. :)

    ReplyDelete